Thursdays, 10:15 - 12:00
UZH Y36K08 - Irchel Campus - ONLINE
2 ETCS points (60 h)
ELEVENTH Presentation: Thursday 3rd of June, uploaded video
LIVE Feedback Sessions: Thursday, 1st of April, May 6th, and June 10th (instead of June 3rd)
Attendance: mandatory, at least 80% of presentations
With a focus on the experimental aspect, we will cover Nobelprizes (NP) in Physics and Chemistry, where the Noble lecture shall be the starting point for the 25 minutes presentations.
The students may pick their coaches and the NP suggested by these coaches in the order of their booking of the lecture. From the coaches' list of suggested NP, the student picks one.
The format attempts to simulate a conference environment in which you present your findings to a peer audience, which is composed of your fellow students.
After successful participation in the proseminar, the student will have learned:
1. to use the basic methods of literature retrieval
2. to condense the knowledge from scientific sources into a presentation
3. to obtain good presentation skills
4. details about the experimental aspects and methods of research
5. how to connect with and get support from their coach
6. to answer to questions/comments to their presentation
The talks should take 25 minutes, additional 15 minutes are reserved for questions and discussion.
1. structure and organization of the talk
2. presentation of basic knowledge
3. presentation of advanced aspects
4. quality and relevance of presented formulae and figures
5. the clarity of the presentation
6. the ability to present the topic with excitement and enthusiasm
7. time keeping
8. the ability to answer questions and comments
9. quality of questions from the audience
10. Proof of literature research/citation
11. the participation on your colleagues' presentations
The grade (fail/pass) is composed of your own presentation, your replies to the comments/questions to your presentation, and your participation in the presentation of your colleagues (commenting/question on at least 80% of the presentations mandatory).
You are selecting the 3 best comments/questions for your talk, which serves as the basis for selecting the student with the best participation.
The presentations are ranked by the coaches and the best will receive an award.
Proseminar in Experimental Physics: Program
Coaches and Topics
Anna Veron email@example.com