Theory meets Experiment in Particle Physics
Theoretical particle physicists of UZH have completed new precision calculations for processes involving vector boson pairs that describe the LHC data at unprecedented accuracy
Vector boson pair production measurements at the CERN LHC probe the Standard Model theory of particle physics at unprecedented energy and precision. Interpretation of these data requires highly accurate theory predictions, which were completed recently at our institute [more].
The following plot shows the cross-sections for WZ production at different centre-of-mass-energies measured by the ATLAS collaboration in comparison to the predictions.
The computations include perturbative corrections at the second order in Quantum Chromo Dynamics (QCD) and are obtained with sophisticated techniques which exploit advanced algebraic and numerical tools and heavily rely on the S3IT computing resources of the University of Zurich.
The following plot shows cross-sections for di-boson production measured by the CMS collaboration in comparison to the predictions.
- DECTRIS Prize
- Proseminar in experimental physics 2018
- How particle-physics works: hope and worries on the B-physics anomalies
- Bismuth on higher ground
- Novel Insulators with Conducting Edges
- Higgs boson reaches the top
- Open Day 2018, November 2, 15:00-19:00
- Open Day 2018, November 2
- LHCb - a new charming particle
- LHCb - where has all the antimatter gone?
- Laura Baudis: Dark Matter
- 5th Higgs anniversary
- Workshop on Topological Phenomena in Quantum Matter
- XENON1T probes deeper into Dark Matter
- Mechanical workshop - courses for students
- CMS - upgrade barrel pixel detector
- PPC 2018 workshop, August 2018
- Darwin experiment in CERN Courier
- Scalable growth of two dimensional (2D) materials
- Water Drops as a Model for Static Friction and Adhesion
- Publication in Nature: new Results from GERDA
- Xenoscope: an observatoy for dark matter and neutrinos
- Dr. William D. Phillips: Time, Einstein and the coolest Stuff in the Universe
- Schrödinger in Arosa
- 6th Beam Telescope and Test Beam Workshop, 16th - 19th January 2018
- Particle Physics Masterclass 2018
- ZPW2018 - Flavours: light, heavy and dark, 15.-17. Jan. 2018