Our research group hosts doctoral thesis projects in particle theory. Doctoral students work together with the group leaders and postdocs on research projects, where they acquire scientific expertise and assume own responsibilities.
Doctoral students in our group are enrolled in the doctoral program in physics. Detailed admission requirements are explained on the program homepage. Information on possible dissertation topics can be obtained by contacting our group leaders. We have regular openings for doctoral positions and three annual selection rounds, with submission deadlines on January 15, May 15 and September 15. Interested candidates should apply here.
In the context of our master and doctoral training programs, we offer specialized lectures in the form of block courses and regular term courses. All courses are in English.
Courses Fall Term
- Quantum Field Theory I
- Phenomenology of Particle Physics I
- Physics of Electroweak Symmetry Breaking
- Supersymmetric Gauge Theory
Courses Spring Term
- Quantum Field Theory II
- Phenomenology of Particle Physics II
- Advanced Topics in Field Theory
- QCD and Electroweak Theory
- Beyond the Standard Model
- Advanced QCD and Collider Physics
- Computational Methods in Perturbation Theory
- Effective Field Theories and Flavour Physics