Michelle joined the group in 2014 after receiving her Ph.D. at the University of California, Berkeley, with a focus on gamma-ray imaging and spectroscopy. After contributing to the XENON100 and XENON1T experiments as a postdoc, she is now a senior researcher in the group, working on the XENONnT and DARWIN experiments. Her other interests include hiking, bird watching, and swimming in the Aare.
- Cosmology of the early Universe and fundamental symmetries
- Searches for dark matter particles such as WIMPs, dark photons, axion-like particles
- Liquid-xenon based time projection chambers
- Optical properties of liquid xenon
- Gamma-ray imaging and spectroscopy