- Relativistic formulation
- Electromagnetic waves
- Wave optics
- W. Nolting: "Grundkurs Theoretische Physik 3: Elektrodynamik"
- J.D. Jackson: "Classical Electrodynamics"
It is highly recommended to read the "mathematical preparations" in Chapter 1 of Nolting's book.
Lecture and exercise in English.
Module Requirements (Testatbedingungen)
In order to pass the module each of the following requirements must be met:
- 50% of the points of exercise sheets 1 to 12
- 33% of the points of exercise sheets 1 to 6 and 33% of the points of exercise sheet 7 to 12
- Pass the exam (date to be fixed between July 9-13)
Organisation of exercises
- First exercise class on Thu Feb 22
- Takes place in Y16-G-05 for everybody
- Group assignments
- Repetition of basic vector calculus (unmarked but important)
- Exercise sheets 1-12:
- Available online on Wednesday of week n (starting on Feb 21)
- Hints on Thursday of week n (starting Feb 22) in the exercise classes
- Solution to be handed in on Tuesday of week n+1 (starting Feb 27) into the box marked "Uebungen" in front of Y36-K-42
- Discussion of solutions on Thursday of week n+1 (starting on Thu Mar 01)
- Solutions can be handed in in groups of two students.
The exercises play a crucial role for the understanding of the lecture!
|Series||To be handed in by||Discussed on||Solution|
|Exercise sheet 0 (PDF, 127 KB)||---||22.02.2018||Solution 0|
|Exercise sheet 1 (PDF, 98 KB)||27.02.2018||01.03.2018|